May 2, 2012

Creative Cooking

I never appreciated eggs as a child, nearly turning my nose up at them even. I said I didn't like them (only hard boiled eggs for me) Thankfully while growing up, I came to my senses and decided eggs were OK. So now, more than ever, I feel the need to celebrate my love for eggs. I know our ladies work hard to make these eggs for us each day, and I'd like to learn to cook them in ways that feature their fresh goodness.


Call me crazy, but I've decided I should master the skills of cooking eggs in ten different ways. Here are the various types or methods of egg cooking I've collected and plan to attempt:
  1. Omelete
  2. Poached
  3. Fried (over easy, sunny side up)
  4. Scrambled
  5. Souffle
  6. Egg in the hole
  7. Devilled/Hard Boiled
  8. Frittata
  9. Eggs benedict 
  10. Crepes
{Source}


Some of them I already know how to make, but they're too classic to cut from the list. Hi scrambled eggs, we're talking about you! Others are going to be a challenge for me. Like a souffle, yeah we'll see how that goes. Crossed off below are the cooking methods I feel that I've already 'mastered', or can at least handle with relative success.
  1. Omelete
  2. Poached
  3. Fried
  4. Scrambled
  5. Souffle
  6. Egg in the hole
  7. Devilled/Hard Boiled
  8. Frittata
  9. Eggs benedict
  10. Crepes
As you can see, there is lots of room for expansion in this realm of my cooking world. Since the eggs don't look like they'll stop coming anytime soon I better get to work! First up? Poached eggs. Poached eggs seem intimidating, but I've already found this handy how-to video that's bolstered my confidence. Jake is excited because we've got a summer full of fun breakfasts coming up, but he's in charge of the pancakes...(it's kinda our thing)


Am I the only egg convert out there? Anyone else just not have a taste for them as a child? Compare your egg cooking skills to my list, which ones could you check off? Does anyone else's husband take sole-pancake responsibility? I sure am a lucky one!

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I prefer fried or omelete, but some of those I have never even seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!
      So which ones didn't you know about?

      Delete
  2. Call me up when you are planning on doing the crepes! Maybe I'll make that 8 hour journey:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every comment, and they really do make my day!! Please type in your response and submit it. Your comment will appear on the blog soon :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...