April 13, 2014

Open Sesame

Have you ever used the Sesame app? Jake and I use & love it for special occasions. We were first introduced through my mother in law- she's all tech savvy like that- and used to send us care packages through Sesame when Jake was in grad school.

Jake & I have since used it several times to send each other gifts when we were apart- and have always found it to be a wonderfully curated service. Several times we've done their 'snacky ones' and everything has always been tasty & fun.


Let me preface this all by saying that Sesame has no idea who I am. I am writing this review because this is a product that we truly use and love. I recently had an incredible experience with Sesame that only reaffirmed my convictions.

So Jake's in Saudi Arabia, and his sweet self decides to send me a gift via Sesame because sending anything to/from Saudi is damn near impossible.


On the day the box arrives I see it on the doorstep and recognize the blue box immediately. Yay! I didn't know who it was from, but sorta assumed Jake. As you can see, Scootie cannot wait to open this ;D


Open, Sesame. One of my favorite parts. Have I mentioned I love the little things?! 



The little gold 'Hello' card is always included, and contains the message from the sender as well as a QR code that you can scan with the Sesame app to send a thank you note to the sender and confirm you've received your gift. 


 This box is called 'The San Francisco Treat' and it contains a DIY Herb Terrarium Kit, VW notebook, and a chunky coffee soap. My hubby knows me so well :)


So I used the soap immediately and it was amazing. Several days later I went to put together my terrarium and was saddened to realize that although it had been packed incredibly well, that the glass had completely shattered in transit. 

I was pretty sad. I looked up their policies online and saw that you can return a box if things are unused. Already used soap-whoops. I figured I'd email them anyway and see what happened. I included a photo of the shattered glass terrarium.


Color me surprised when customer service got back to me quickly and graciously. After a few questions, they'd tracked down and confirmed Jake's order and sent me an entirely new box. Way more than I expected. I would have been happy with a new terrarium, and honestly wasn't expecting anything. Getting two of those luxurious soaps made my week so much better!

So if you're ever in need of a great gift for a loved one- check out Sesame. They've got some lovely, thoughtful gifts at tons of different price points- as low as $10! You can follow them on facebook or twitter for occasional deals & specials.

1 comment:

  1. I got this app after I read this...they have such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every comment, and they really do make my day!! Please type in your response and submit it. Your comment will appear on the blog soon :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...